Naturally we’d love everyone to come to Bridepower.com to purchase their discount designer wedding gowns. We offer discounts on some styles of up to 80% off, which would save you a lot of money and help with your wedding budget. However, we’re not the only game in the country, so here are a few other places where you might be able to find what you’re looking for.
1. Craigslist and eBay. It’s amazing what people will sell online, and the two biggest marketing sites for direct sales from owners are the two above mentioned sites. eBay will obviously let you bid against others for those wedding dresses, while Craigslist will make you start doing a series of email communications. Still, both are valid places to look.
2. Consignment shops. These are stores where people work with the owner of the store to sell their used items. Lucky for you, the owner usually gets to set the price, which is almost always less than what the person selling it believes it’s worth, so you will be getting a much better price. Although technically it doesn’t fall into this category, Salvation Army stores often have used wedding dresses for sale as well.
3. Wedding dress auctions. Every major city has at least one of these every quarter. It’s where a lot of wedding dresses that weren’t sold by stores or gowns that might have minor flaws are auctioned off in some fashion. In some cases, it’s not an actual auction as much as a fire sale, where someone will rent a warehouse of some kind, put a lot of wedding dresses in, then open the doors at a certain time and it’s first come, first served. The second one can be a bit uncivilized, though, so if you’re going to participate in that one, be prepared to be knocked around a bit.
4. Bridal outlet stores. Our brick and mortar store, VOWS Bridal Outlet of Boston, is one of the top outlet stores in the country, and it’s where we got our start from. We also have our own line of designer dresses. There are other cities across the country that offer less expensive wedding gowns in their stores, and it’s a great way to get to sample wedding dresses.
5. Online shopping. When you want to see a very large selection of wedding gowns and aren’t worried as much about having to try on a lot of them, buying discount bridal gowns online is really the best way to go. Imagine having the ability to look through hundreds of wedding dresses without having to leave your house. Online stores have access to way more dresses than most traditional businesses do, so your choices might be limitless.