If you have your heart set on wearing a wedding veil on your wedding day, you might be wondering how you can manage it if you are on a budget. Fortunately, there are a few ways you can get the look you want for your special day without breaking the bank. Read on for some ideas to get you started.
• Keep it simple: Wedding veils that are encrusted with lots of jewels, or that feature lots of details such as bead work, will cost more. If your wedding dress has bead work or jewels on it and you want to match the look, you can get fewer beads or jewels in order to save money. You will still get a sparkling look but at a cost that will help you stay within budget.
• Check the sales: Scope out the annual, or semi-annual, trunk sales in your area in order to save money on wedding veils. If you live in a small town, consider traveling to a larger city in order to find more inventory and the sales that more rapid turnover brings.
• Feeling crafty? Make your own: If you are the crafty sort of bride, you can save a ton of money by making your own veil for your wedding. With just a few simple supplies, if you have the knowledge and the talent, you can easily make a veil and you will realize a significant amount of savings by doing so.
• Buy online: With the vast selection of great wedding veils that is available online, it is highly likely that you will be able to find the wedding veil of your dreams there. In addition, because online retailers do not need to keep as much inventory when compared to traditional retailers—and therefore don’t have the same high overhead costs—it is not unusual for their prices on items to be much lower.
• Buy last season’s accessories: At the end of the season, most wedding shops will drastically reduce the price of their inventory. They do this to make room for the upcoming season’s dresses, shoes, veils, and other wedding related items. The savings you can realize are quite significant since the wedding shops want to move their inventory quickly to make room for the newest inventory.